My July 2019 Retrospective
Spent quite a bit of time writing, but not much new published material. It's also unclear to me how much I've published in the month. This should be an easy to track KPI.
Time spent: 1.5
- Spent time reviewing the logo concepts
Time spent: ~90
- Setting up an API to communicate between the app and the client's in-house system
- Connecting the app to the API
Time spent: 6:03
- Spoke with some veteran members about the idea to set up a support group for recovered men. Three responded positively. I'll be setting up something shortly.
- No revenue, mostly due to the lack of an email automation system.
Time spent: 1:37
- Just some time spent researching onset detection.
Finish Axova App — Not quite. Although I do see a sustained focus for every week in the month, I didn't end up finishing this task. I do believe I made considerable progress though.
Turn pingcoin into a portfolio piece — Wasn't able to start because I hadn't finished the axova app
Finish the PR website — Not able to start because I didn't finish the axova app
I didn't reach my monthly goals, but I was able to stay true to the monthly theme of keeping focused. I think the focus was beneficial, but it turned out to be more work than I anticipated. I spent 80 hours on Axova, which is an okay amount for the month considering I clock about 40 hours for a week.
Am I on track to achieve my yearly goals? If not, why not?
My yearly goals are:
- 1 month of >10k CHF revenue
- 120 hours of self-study German
- The first goal, it's hard to say. If I find some clients for my agency work and I'm able to charge a decent amount.
- The second goal feels like it needs to be changed. German hasn't been a focus for the last several months now. And although I would like be more fluent, it doesn't seem that important to me anymore right now.
- Focus on Axova app went fairly well
- Switch to wacom tablet went fairly well
- Interactions with on Twitter based on my tweets
- I completed 0 out of 3 outcomes for the month.
- I am taking this to mean that I am being overly ambitious and I should scale down my desired outcomes. This seems to be a recurring theme throughout all my planning.
- Not publishing enough. It's not visible to me how much I'm publishing.
- Underestimate your goals for August. Make sure what you set is what you hit.
- Make published articles a KPI that's visible
From the Could-do-differently backlog, determine your Kaizen for next month. A Kaizen is more process-oriented whereas a goal is more outcome oriented.
- Underestimate my goals for August